Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Gramma's overnight with the "Boys"

Monday afternoon I went to Andy's house to spend the night with Evan and Jabin. Andy and Greg went to the Tonic Sol Fa concert and out to dinner. I was there in time to get the boys of the bus. We had a snack and I snuggled on the couch for awhile with Evan and a blanket. He said he was cold. It was very cold outside. wind chills were thirty below zero. I asked them what we should have for supper. "Butter noodles" said Jabin. "Noodles and Parmesan cheese" said Evan. We had some corn dogs too.

"Jabin & Evan eating supper"
"Jabin"

"Evan taking a bite of his corn dog"
He eats the outside first and then the hot dog!
"Vinnie the Volcano hats they made at school.
The volcano goes whoosh!!! And starts with "V".

While I was watching the news on Channel 5 they say that "Charlie Brown was on at 7pm that night . They were so excited. So on went the jammies. They kept watching the clock to see when it was time. After the show was done they had to of course go and do some art work for awhile. Eight thirty was bedtime so this time Gramma had to lay down with Jabin since last time I layed with Evan. Jabin fell asleep and Evan wanted me to snuggle by him for awhile so I did. Soon I had two sleeping boys.

"Jabin with his "holes in his jammies."
He said Gramma can sew them!!! Think they are beyond repair.

Tuesday morning up and off to school. I went out about 8:30 to start my car to go home and I got nothing. So here I am stranded at Andy's . (Darn!) We made some friendship tea, I read a book she gave me. The book is called "The Christmas Box" by Richard Paul Evans (http://www.richardpaulevans.com/). What a wonderful story. Put a whole new perspective on Christmas. I am not a book person but this is a very easy to read book and took me about an hour and a half to read. I would recommend it to all.

Tina and Dave stopped by and Dave tried to jump start the car but no luck. He put the battery charger on for me. Greg got home and tried it around five thirty and still nothing. He did notice that the charger was set on two amps. He switched it to six. Two more trys and still nothing. I called home for Ted to come and get me. He got there a little after seven. Wouldn't you know when Greg tried it then it started right up. Oh well that's the way it goes. So I finally did get home around eight o'clock. Evan and Jabin wanted me to stay. They said they would miss me. Good thing I had a nice warm place to be with car problems! Thanks Andy for putting up with me so long. And thanks to the guys for helping me out.

No comments: