Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Slab wood snowmen




I made these cute snowmen out of some slab wood I had left over from this summer. Painted them a buttermilk white, sewed up some hats and scarves, painted the face and hot glued on the hats and scarves. I am donating them to a benefit for a young girl that has cancer. I used to work with her mom and her sister passed away a few years ago from cancer also. It gives me such pleasure to give things away that I make especially when it is for a good cause.

I have a big pot of split pea soup cooking today. This weather makes me hungry for a good soup. The temp this morning is 5 degrees. BRRRRR!!!! More snow forecasted for today. I am going to sew up some Christmas stockings for Evan , Jabin and Amaya today. Not sure what will be on them yet I just know a red one for Jabin and a blue one for Evan. I'll post the pictures when I am done.

Keep warm!!!

1 comment:

Justina said...

Oh cute! Dang cold out today.. See you in the morning~ for lefse? 9:oo