Monday, February 9, 2009

Upholstery Fabric Gets a New Look


I have been busy sewing the last week. I came across some upholstery samples and my brain was on overload. What could I possibly do with them. Well after giving it some thought here is what I did with them.




I made coasters, eye cases, checkbook covers, makeup bags, camera cases, and can wraps.

I also found a new hand bag pattern I have been wanting so I tried that out. I did a little variation from the pattern just to make it quicker.




This was my trial & error bag. I made a little bag to put goodies in also. The fabric was just some remnant I had in my stash.


I also received a package from my Valentine Swap. LOVE IT!!!!!




Too bad we don't have smell-a-blog! They smell just like red hots! YUM YUM


On Saturday I tagged along with Justina. First we went to "the barn". They were open for the day. I picked up about twenty five yards of fabric for ten dollars. What a deal! We then went to Andy's for the Stampin' Up open house. From there we went to Stillwater and checked out Justina's things she has at the Primitive store there. They were so wonderful looking on display. She comes up with some pretty awesome ideas. On to Eagan for my great niece's birthday party. Elsie is five now. It was fun for Amaya to get to go to her cousin's party. I was busy in the kitchen helping Grandma Sue (my sister & Elsie's grandma) bake pizza's for the bunch.

What a group. I think there must have been twenty kids plus all the adults. Not very quiet there! It was fun anyway.

Sunday was quiet for me. Ted had to work so I tackled my taxes. I got that done. E-file is great. That's all I got for now. Have a great week.

1 comment:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

great job repurposing that fabric. I love it when things just come together like that.
Great party, too. You had a wonderful weekend. We got our taxes done, too. such a relief....