Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A visit with my "95" year young Aunt

My Dad's sister Mabel

Today I went to visit my Aunt Mabel at the local nursing home. They had a Christmas Tea. We sang carols, there were cute skits put on by the activity group, and we had yummy treats. My cousin Annette call and asked if I wanted to go. We had a very nice visit.

My Aunt is the oldest living from my Dad's family. I also have Uncle Carl who is in a nursing home close to his son Bob. There were five children in the family.

Tomorrow morning I am going to bring her to church services. It will be nice to be able to do that for her. She never married and so she has no children. My cousin visits her every day. She couldn't make the service so I said I would go.

I hope everyone has a Blessed Christmas.

1 comment:

Justina said...

That was so nice of you! Btw.. I think grandpa and grandma are doing good up there! Merry Christmas.. Love Tina