Friday, January 16, 2009

The Temps are Rising!

It has been well below zero now for over "80" hours. Yesterday it was-25 and today it was -27 with windchills in the -40 range. Schools have been closed the last two days. It has been record breaking cold. Tonight the temp is 5 above. Whoo-hoo!!! Anyway it has been just plain cold.

I did a bit of sewing this week. I made a couple pillows. Today I experimented on some headbands. Quite simple. A good thing for all the small pieces of material I have. I did make Amanda's birthday present. I will see her next weekend and give it to her then. Will post that later.

Next weekend my family is having a get together at the Cranberry Country Lodge in Tomah, WI. There will be around twenty five of us there. That is about half way for us to meet my sister Carla and her family. They live in Waukesha, WI. There will be six kids under the age of six. We decided last summer it would be fun to get together at a motel so the kids could swim. Thanks Kari (my niece) for making arrangements. I know the little ones are excited to see their cousins.



Sewing projects.

Not much else new here this week. Kind of quiet for me. Stay warm.

No comments: