Monday, January 19, 2009

Recycling of a leather coat

Tanya (my stepdaughter) is having a birthday on Tuesday. She had seen some of the purses that I made and hinted she needed one. Well, she is not a print kind of girl. Racking my brain trying to think of something I could use, I remembered I had a long leather coat that I haven't worn in years. So after ripping out seams I cut out my purse. The hem of the coat worked perfectly for the top and I used the coat lining to line the bag. Cut come long lengths for straps and stitched it up. I also made a pouch for her to put small items inside.

Tanya's bag. I gave it to her this morning when she dropped off Cole. She loved it!

Today I am going to Andy's house so Cole can play with Evan & Jabin. It is warm out so they can play outside.

No comments: