Friday, January 30, 2009

Today's visitor


My visitor

Today I looked out the window and and to my surprise there was a cardinal on the pine tree in the back yard. I have not seen one all winter. Last fall I had several pair. I could here him singing this morning. We all say when we see the cardinals that Grandma and Grandma Retz are visiting. I guess Grandpa was here for a visit today. That's good I was thinking about him today. He hung around for about an hour or so. Sure hope he comes back again for a visit.

Having some lunch

Resting his tummy

I took these looking out window that is what the glare is from. I was afraid if I went out the back door I would scare him away. Cole and I watched for a long time.

I have Cole on Monday's sometime and every Friday in the afternoon for a couple hours. Tanya goes to the local technical college. That's what Gramma's are for. Today he helped clean out the toy box. He is a great helper. I also have cut up paper all over the living room. He loves to use the paper cutter I use for card making. Plus he loves to use the hole punch. It's a clean mess.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Hi GaRaGe GrAmmA,
It's Ann from Illinois! :) I finally have gotten on your blog from seeing it on Justina's list!
I had to leave a comment on your Cardinals blog. Cardinals are my favorite bird, with Robins next since they are the first sign of Spring to me.
I have to share a similar story with you about birds. My story involves Doves. I have a pRimY tall grapevine tree stump planter birdhouse on my front porch. I had noticed that a bird was nesting in amongst the grapevine but never saw what type. I had to go home out of state to visit my Mom for a week & the night I got back a bird flew out & scared me half to death. The next morning I looked out to see if the bird had returned & there sat a Mama Dove with eggs peeking out from underneath. I was amazed! We very seldom see Dove's in our area & to have one nesting right outside my door was amazing to me.
While standing at my Dad's bedside when he passed, I said to him that I knew he was at peace now. As we all know the Dove represents peace so I looked at this as a sign from Dad.
I enjoyed watching the babies grow & took pictures of them. It was sad the day they flew away which was on my daughter's high school graduation party day. But it was also neat to feel the peace they brought.
Amazingly enough that wasn't it, another Dove came & had babies again. So we were blessed twice with the presence of the symbol that reminded me of my Dad.
I hope that your family members come back to visit through the beautiful cardinal & bring you great memories & peace!
Ann :)