Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Old drying rack gets a new life!


I found this great old drying rack for $1 at our local flea market barn. It really needed some "TLC"! I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with it. There were a few loose rungs. I had a "light bulb" moment this morning. I do get them once in awhile. Wouldn't those prim towels from my valentine swap make it come to life. I tied it on the top with some scrap homespun to keep it closed. Hung it on my kitchen wall under the cabinets now it looks like it was ment to be there.


This poor thing was just waiting for a good home!


Now it has feelings!

Will post more good finds later. I have the before shots just need to do something with all my great finds.

First on my agenda for today is shovel. We had some snow over night. Looks like just a couple inches or so. Forecast is for below zero windchills. I thought we were done with that. Sure am glad I ran errands yesterday.

3 comments:

Raggedy Angel said...

That looks great....I knew I put those in there for a reason! That was a great find! Beth

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

great towels and i really like what you did with the rack.
i have been looking for one to use to dry clothes inside......

Ann said...

Love your old drying rack idea!
Enjoy,
Ann :)