Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thrift Store Find



I love when you find great deals at the thrift stores. I came across some tab top curtains a few weeks ago. I did plan on using them for sewing projects but they were a perfect fit for my kitchen window. I knew I wanted some kind of top for them or maybe a different way to hang them. Well, on my trifty excursions on Tuesday I found some black and white check fabric. It is heavy fabric almost like canvas. There was at least five yards so I got it. The curtains were $4 and the material was $3. I washed it up and of course I had the frayed edge. I used that for my hem and made a valance to go over the curtains. I had enough left for a table cloth to match.

Plain tab top curtains


Checked fabric. Loved the frayed edge.


Finished look!
The runner on the table is one my mother had. And the big star on the left my dad had made to put up at Christmas.

Now I am on my way to Andy's to "kid sit"!! Jabin said they don't need a "baby sitter" because they are not babies. How cute is that.



4 comments:

Raggedy Angel said...

That looks Great!!! Beth

A Bit of Colour said...

They looke really good & I like what you did on your blog before with the drying rack & I really like yuor towels.

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I really love the checkered topper. Looks fantastic!

Ann said...

You must have some wonderful thrift stores in your area to find such great fabric like this & all the neat items you have shared!
Nice job & how nice to have a matching table cloth with curtains!
Ann :)