Thursday, April 30, 2009

Free Wood!!!!

I know it has been awhile. More on those things later. Last night I traveled to some friends house and got a ton of good plywood for some projects I'm working on. This morning I was painting some yard birds I had cut out of wood, and of course Justina called wanting to know what I was doing. She came across some "free" barn boards. Of course I had to drop everything. Well we had to tear them off. That was part of the fun of it. It was raining when I left and quit when I got there. We have driven by this old barn drooling over the pile of boards several times. It is not to far from Justina's house.


Poor lonely thing just waiting for a good home!


Here is Justina working hard to get a board she wanted. All the time wishing she had a cordless skill saw.

Here I am. "Give it a good kick and it will fall off!" I would make my parents proud!!
My load!

Justina's stash!

Now I have to get busy and make stuff out of it. I have been sewing also. Will update later. Gotta go.

3 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I was thinking of doing the same thing, my neighbors are tearing down their old barns. I am worried though about mice and if I can trust it. Would be fun to use the wood for projects.

Do you use the wood as is, or do you have a way to clean it?

Debbie

Debbie said...

What a great find! I can't wait to see everything you create from it.

Take Care,
Debbie

Ann said...

How fun was that! Did you use some karate chop moves on those boards? :)
Ann