Friday, May 1, 2009

Barn wood signs


Well I got up early this morning and started scrubbing the barn boards with bleach water. It gets all the "gunk" off. Our neighbors at the campground asked me last winter to make them a sign that says "It's 5 o'clock somewhere!" Well I had to get that started.

I had one that I wanted to make a flag out of so I painted that up also. I added barbed wire for a hanger.
Last weekend one of the campers asked if I could make him a door stop for his trailer. He liked mine with the bears and asked if I could do one with a deer. So I made that this morning also.

Here are some other things I have made!

Welcome sign. I added the stick today.

Yard birds

Howling wolves

Here is a sample of bags that I have made.

Wheelchair totes

More bags

Well that's all for now. Going up to the trailer tomorrow. Oh yeah, Carla the girls said "welcome to the club!" They are excited that you joined. Justina says "lefse" that's what you need to do!!! Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

WoolenSails said...

You made some great projects with the boards. I need to make a sign for my kitchen, so looking at vintage food advertisements. A barn board would be fun to do it on.

Debbie

Debbie said...

Wow! You have definately been busy. I love all the boards you have done. I'm still kicking myself for not getting to save any of the wood from the two outbuildings the landlord plowed over and burned. By the time I got home, they were already burning in a hole they dug. :(

Take care and have a great weekend,
Debbie K

Ann said...

Looks like you've been one busy gal in your workshop! The weather must be nice enough for you to be outside. :)
Ann