Sunday, May 10, 2009

"Just Horsin' Around"

"HORSIN' AROUND AT THE BACKWOODS!"


You would have had to seen it to believe it! On Saturday at our campground was the spring horse ride. The local horse club stays at the campground horses and all. They go on trail rides and have a great time. There are some beautiful horses. In the evening there is music at the bar. We are all having a fun time listening to the music and in rides this guy on his horse. What a site. He came in and turned around a few times then rode off out the door. The band even stopped playing when he came in. What a great time we had.
Last week was kind of busy. We had a good friend of ours from our old campground pass away very unexpectedly last Sunday. We attended his memorial service on Thursday. Later this summer they will have a burial service at the Spooner Veteran's Memorial. I had never been to a Military Honor service befor . That was very moving and emotional for us. It made me very proud to have a friend that served in the Air Force for our country. Rest in peace Duane!
On Saturday we went to visit Ted's mom. They were having a cookout for lunch. I did get a couple of things made last week. I will post them later. Friday I got more barn boards bleached and sun dried.
Hopefully I can get some more stuff made for Chopper Fest. That is sneaking up on me fast. Eveyone is buying my stuff as fast as I get it made. I have to get more hand bags made for that also. The gals up at the campground are requesting that I have lots of them!!!
Have a great week. Next Saturday is Nicci's graduation from high school.
Oh yeah HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to you all.

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I need to open up our camper and clean it out. Maybe this year I will get around to making a sign for when we go camping.

Debbie

Justina said...

Happy Mothers Day! Sorry you guys missed out on lunch... next time.