Thursday, April 2, 2009

Sewing for the girls

Justina and Andy had some sewing project for me to do.
Justina found this fabric when we were in Rochester. It is so her!!! Sew today I whipped this up for her in between cleaning etc.

Andy needed a bag for some stamping things she brings to her workshops. I found the black fabric in Rochester. She came to town on Tuesday and we went to our local fabric store to pick out her coordinating color. The front pocket is sewn up the middle to make two pockets. her paper cutter fits in there perfect. There is also a pocket on the inside big enough to hold her circle cutter. The bag is roughly 18" wide x 21" long. Good thing I bought extra black I now have three more to make!!! I did find some material similar to her striped for them. It has the same colors anyway.

I have had a busy week going to Rochester with Justina. Amaya had her tonsils and adenoids out on Monday. I went down with them on Sunday. Stayed overnight in the motel close to Justina's dad's house. Amanda spent the night with me. It was fun to hang out with her. Wednesday I had to go to Eau Claire for some dental work so that took all day. My friend Jo had to go too so we had a fun day of shopping. Checking out the thrift stores, Kohl's, the fabric store and of course the $Store. I did find some great fabric buys at the Mill End Textiles. They have a bin where you fill a garbage bag for $5.oo. Lots of stuff in there!!! They have bolts of fabric in there! I think I had about fourty yards of stuff in my bag. Some of the pieces were at least six or seven yards.

Get better soon Amaya!!! Check out her pictures on Justina's blog. She even has a picture of her tonsils (YUK).

1 comment:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Sounds like an awesome place to shop for fabric!