Thursday, January 8, 2009

A look at Amaya's Day Three at Gramma's


It was kind of a quiet day. Amaya's dad dropped her off a little after seven in the morning. She cuddled up on the couch with a blanket and watched some tv for awhile. I decided to bake some "cake mix" cookies. So easy to make and yummy! See recipe below. Amaya helped moosh them down. We also made some little sheep. I painted mine and she used markers to color hers. She also reminded me that we forgot to "cook" them. She watches her mother bake everything. Mostly she just hung out and played. It was jammies all day for her. I think she has a bit of a cold because she's been coughing. So before she went to bed I did the old gramma thing by greasing her up with Vick's. I had read to put it on the bottoms of feet and put socks over. Hey, it worked she didn't cough all night!
Cole and Tanya didn't come over to play because Tanya was a bit under the weather also. They might come today after Cole gets done with school. If they do we might take the kids to the indoor playground that just went in. Kind of interesting to check that out.
That's about it. Here are a couple pictures from our day. Check out Tina's blog to see some pictures from her trip. They start home today and should be her to get Amaya sometime on Saturday.
Amaya "mooshing" the cookeis.



Our sheep.



Cake Mix Cookies

1 box cake mix

Add only the eggs and oil

I use my small melon scoop and dip the glass in suger before pressing them down.

Bake in 350degree oven for 10-12 minutes.

I used just a plain yellow cake and put icing on them.

Powdered sugar, butter and milk

You can add chips or sprinkles or whatever but we like them just plain.

Try them out. Great to make with the kids.

HAPPY COOKIE BAKING!

1 comment:

Justina said...

Looks like fun.. I WISH I WERE THERE! Be home SOON! Love the sheep guys!